Sunday 18 April 2010

Imagination is more important than knowledge...

Imagination is more important than knowledge... said by Albert Einstein widely known as a clever clogs. There has also been a book around catching the corner of my eye "It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be" - Arden. combining these two quotes together I have a worrying dilemma. When i essentially went stalking on nikkigeorgeferguson.wordpress.com one of the first things she talks about is what she wants to do with being a designer. I've not really thought too much of it myself, i know i want to do good. but without going too far into meta-physics, what's 'good'?

should i make beautiful objects because functional things eventually become obsolete and beauty is timeless joy? or should i provide myself as a stepping stone to the future to climb on top of so they might produce wondrous things? but wait I've already combined some things already, lets combine these two. All i need to do is imagine what i want, i suppose. pass the acid.

No comments:

Post a Comment